Oura data on Cronometer is useless

In a quick check Oura data is showing up however it is useless. It does not show deep, REM, & light sleep. Total sleep pretty close to a useless number IMHO. Why even bother if you are going to destroy data?

Joe Tittiger
Seymour MO
joe ATT Tittiger DOTT com

Comments

• Hi Tittiger,

Thanks for your feedback!

Cronometer does not affect your Oura data, but imports total sleep into your Cronometer diary - handy for users that would like to keep track of this metric in Cronometer as well. I will put it on our list of feature requests to include the complete breakdown of sleep types identified by Oura.

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I track all my sleep using Fitbit (Oura coming one day soon) and appreciate the summary numbers for sleep, activity, heart rate, and weight pulled from Fitbit.

But I don't need sleep details clogging up my stats in Cronometer -- that's what the Fitbit and Oura apps are for.

• edited February 2019

I would rather have everything in one place Steve.
    I don't want to go to my scales site, my rings sight, and my Fitness trackers site.
    With good design nothing would be "cluttered". It is entirely possible to put the details in a drill down of some sort.

I can not wrap my head around the programmers decision not to include the only important data that the ring gathers. I mean WTF? Perhaps they don't know much about sleep...or why people buy gadgets like the Oura.

Thanks Karen....I forgot to comment that the Oura data is still flakey and seems to be missing on a lot of days. Where it goes god only knows. My Garmin data (Garmin can not differentiate REM and Deep sleep ) is rock solid (other than the deep sleep is thrown out and not used - another poor programming decision) and has no missing entries from day to day like the Oura.

Thanks. IMHO this should have been done right in the first place. Doing so results in better code and costs less in the long run.

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO
    joe ATT Tittiger DOTT com