[Bug]: Connect Apple Healthkit

Comments

• I can't get to the diary, no matter how much time. Then it quits on me, I go back in, I see a progress ball that times out and then there is a message at the bottom saying there might be something wrong with my internet connection.

• edited March 2019

Observation from today (v3.0, 286):

I didn’t work out in the AM like I typically do, and noticed that Cronometer was tracking my active energy (which had not been showing up in Cronometer for several days), and that it was ticking up throughout the day without issue.

I completed a workout a little while ago and when the workout got pulled in, all of a sudden active energy disappeared and in its place was my workout and Oura ring data. Active energy nowhere to be seen.

It seemed odd for the entry to disappear after it had been there all day and had been updating as I went about my Sunday’y business.

• I'm still having Health Kit connection issues as well. Newest Beta works fine until I connect health kit. Wants I do this the app freezes. I have to quit the app to force it to reload. During app launch, freezes on loading screen for several minutes. If I leave it open eventually I will receive a slow internet connection to server error, followed by a blank dairy. Minute goes by and the loading dialog box starts all over. Repeat. Permission have been toggled on and off with no success of the beta app working.

• Beerad, that's exactly what happens to me. you just described it better...

• Same problem in 287. Connect HealthKit, turn everything on, click on Diary. Screen is blank, then it quits. Go to reload it, and now it freezes with the circle about 2/3 complete so I can't even get back into the app. Going back to the release version.

• I tried to recreate this on my phone but I was unable to.
    This is with the latest 287 beta version.

Here's what I did:

• Uninstall Cronometer beta.
    • Reinstall Cronometer beta.
    • Login to Cronometer.
    • Go to settings panel.
    • Tap "Connect Apple Healthkit" - Health Access Opens
    • Tap "Turn All Categories On" - Bug fixed here, all categories show up
    • Tap "Allow"
    • Tap Diary

I'm on a iPhone 10S Max with iOS version 12.1.4

• I just deleted and started over, followed your exact steps and had same problem. iPhone X ios 12.1.4

• @JGLongIsland

Sorry it's still broke for you!
    The only thing I have done differently was a few beta versions back.

I would uninstall the beta and then install the production version from the app store.
    I would login and enable healthkit with the production version and then use testflight to update to the latest beta.

I am wondering if that's prevented me from recreating this bug.

Recently, I have just been updating to the latest beta with test flight.

• I've been going back to the production version after each attempt with the beta. When I get it working in the production version and then install the beta aftewards healthkit isn't enabled.

• I just uninstalled the beta, installed the gold production version, enabled apple healthkit and then installed the beta and enabled healthkit in the beta.

Still would not fail for me.

I did get the bug with the health access screen only showing waist circumference again.

• I downloaded the last beta and had the exact same problem.

• In beta 288, I still get the bug with the health access screen only showing waist circumference.

• edited March 2019

Using Beta 288, I'm still seeing Active Energy disappear from my health data. This typically happens after I ride my Peloton bike and Peloton writes Health data.

I trained this morning and it listed my workout + Active Energy, which I tracked using the Activity app on my Apple Watch... then I rode my Peloton in the afternoon; post-ride Active Energy disappeared and was replaced by my Peloton ride + Stretching.

Also still seeing the random/arbitrary and elevated Pulse (Apple Health) entry with 0:00 timestamp. As others have mentioned, it would be more useful to see this change over to multiple Pulse entries with proper timestamps throughout the day.

Apple Health Data Funkiness

• Latest beta 289 doesn't freeze anymore after healthkit is connected, but when you go in and out of the you can an error indicating that permissions must be turned on (even though they are).

• edited March 2019

Hi @JGLongIsland ,
    Thanks so much for your feedback! It is very helpful to our developer who is working on the Apple Health integration. To address this issue we will need a couple more pieces of information. Could you please send:

1. a screen shot of the "Sources" tab in AppleHealth app

2. Screen shots of ALL the AppleHealth permissions (it will take several screen grabs, see example below) go into "Sources"->"Apps"->"Cronometer"

3. A screenshot of the permission request error

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Here you go. haven't gotten the permission error in a while, but I notice that when I go back into the app the connect to healthkit seems to gets turned off each time I leave the app.

• Here is the error. I've lost all my health data in the app even though it says it's connected.

• Thanks, @JGLongIsland this is very helpful information! I have passed these along to the developer working on this issue, and will let you know if we require any more info!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• The latest beta doesn't crash as often (but it did get stuck on a white screen today and I had to reinstall it). I've also found that it takes forever to update the healthkit info and sometimes the healthkit info disappears when you go back into it. Getting there but still not ready for day to day use.

• Thanks for the update @JGLongIsland ,
    Could you give us a bit more detail about the white screen you mention? What were the circumstances surrounding this? Did you have apple health connected at the time? Which screen were you viewing and what action were you attempting when this happened?

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Just downloaded latest beta version, concur with the Apple Health Kit. IN settings, I click on "Connect with Apple Health Kit" then go back to Diary, back to settings and the setting did not "stick". However in Apple Health all is well and seems to be importing Cronometer data.
    Here is the screen:

Maria H
    My story: jumpovertherattlesnake.com/

• edited March 2019

Following up on my previous reports of Active Energy being removed from my activity log (and net calorie total) post-Peloton bike ride. This issue is still not resolved (but also not sure if it’s going to be addressed at all?)

• edited March 2019

Here is a new error message I had not seen before. I’m on 3.0 (295)

i connect to apple healthkit, the already reported error appears and now this new error message across the bottom of the screen, platform exception...

also the connection doesn’t stick, so if I want apple health info to be imported I have to reconnect again, get the error but the import goes through

Maria H

• Thanks for Reporting this @VegasTortoise ! I have passed the information along to the developer working on the Apple Health integration. I'll let you know if we need any more info!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• @Hilary another clue, I connected Apple HealthKit,

then I turned on to sync read and write with Cronometer ALL data in Apple Health settings as requested by the error message. No more error message and this time the Connection stuck

hope that made sense

Maria H

• Last version seems worse than the previous. It always loses the Healthkit connection (I have to choose reconnect each time I go into it) and it takes forever to update the activity info. Going back to the release/non beta for a while, getting frustrated that this piece just doesn't work.

• @VegasTortoise do you remember if your screen was locked or unlocked when this message came up for you?

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• no problem, @JGLongIsland , Check back soon though; this should be stabilized shortly. And thanks again for all your help with getting though the problems we've encountered with the Apple health integration. Your feedback has been so valuable!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• @Hilary screen was unlocked, I was using the app

Since I set Apple Health to turn on ALL read/write data when connecting with Cronometer, I have not received any errors.

Today all went smoothly, although Apple Health and Cronometer both have to be refreshed after data changes in order for the two apps to sync.

When Qardio or Garmin Connect change, like when I take my blood pressure w Qardio or finish a workout, the data propagates instantly to Apple Health.

Maria H

• in the last few bets builds (298 & 299) I’ve been running into an intermittent issue where My HealthKit connection drops when opening the app (both from a complete dead-start and going back to the app that was open within the last few minutes).

it doesn’t seem to affect anything other than needing to reconnect HealthKit in settings, but it has happened 1-3 times a day for several days now.