Options

Strategy to Help Budget Caloric Intake

Any time you go over calories, just dump the excess into the next day. For the last month this is the strategy I've been using. In this picture, you can actually see what a difference it made in how easy it was to manage calories. Before it was all over the place. Over the last month, it has been almost perfectly consistent, and I've noticed a massive improvement in how easy it is to maintain my weight. There is no more guessing about what my calorie budget or calorie debt is. Maybe someone will find this useful.

Comments

• Options

I would just use the trends...shows me the AVG over the last week or month.....watch weekly, and balance it for the month...just like a checking account.

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• Options

It's a similar approach, really. But decreasing the frequency at which you monitor your budget can certainly increase the likelihood of something going wrong. This method allows me to course-correct down to the minute, and no weekly or monthly accounting is necessary at all. I'm always aware of what my budget and debt is at all times. Your method is a more of a reactionary game that is ultimately more vulnerable to error.

• Options

Sounds like you both have found a great approach for sustainability (which is the most important feature of any diet!).

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer