Urgent Help For Understanding More! NEW USER

Hello, I am feeling great with the application, am just trying to understand it more.

1- a question that on the weight goal timeline I want to reach 70kgs and thankfully today am 79.7 kgs and i said if I set if I wanna lose 0.5 kgs week, it takes longer time on the graph but what does "maintain weight" mean?

because when I set "maintain weight" it says that I should reach my weight goal by September 5th which is my dream and I guess am getting there

2- Is that even nearly accurate that when cronometer says that by sep 5th I will be at least near 70 kgs if I kept the diet up? Did it actually happen with anyone?

2- How many calories per day I should eat to lose 1kg per day or per 2 days almost?

3- If I want to lose Kgs, should I have zero calorie deficit and I can still lose, or the higher the calories deficit the better?

4- the fats grams with me its like 34/82 .. so this 82 is the maximum per day to keep losing weight or what do these big or final numbers ( like 82g, and 2000 calories) mean? and does that mean that I should not EXCEED 82 grams per day TO KEEP losing 1 kg per day?

I have a feeling that this website is great but I just need to learn what numbers MEAN and HOW to use them properly

Comments

• Hi @MedhatAdelEmam Welcome to Cronometer! Glad to hear you are enjoying using the software!

If you select "Maintain weight" this means that you are opting out of setting either a weight loss or weight gain goal. There should be no goal date for your goal as, by choosing weight you are essentially saying that you have already reached your expected goal!

A higher calorie deficit is not necessarily better for losing weight. There are many different methods of weight loss out there, and if you are looking for guidance on the best method for your specific needs, I would reccomend reaching out to a health professional. If you want someone who can work with you using Cronometer, check out our Pro Directory to find a coach, nutritionist or trainer near you.

We also have a ton of information about how to use the software in the user manual and our Youtube channel

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thank you so much Hilary for your comment. I truly appreciate your reply. That's why I was wondering why it gave me the date of sept 5th if I will be doing the same thing. I will follow with that and may get back to you if I got strayed!

• @MedhatAdelEmam

To add to some of the information above :)...

To lose 1 lb of body fat (0.45 kg), we need to create a calorie deficit of 3500 calories. To achieve this, most will subtract 500 calories from their "maintenance" daily calorie needs (Cronomter is set up to do this automatically when you choose "lose weight"). Now, the challenge is that your body doesn't like to lose weight, so will try to fight against the weight loss over time by altering your metabolic rate. However, if you maintain an accurate calorie deficit, you will continue to lose weight (just at a slower rate).

When it comes to macros (fat/carbs/protein) vs. calories, it's calories that is more important for weight loss. That said, some people find it helpful to eat higher protein while losing weight, since this nutrient can increase the fullness you feel from meals.

Please let me know if you have any questions about any of this!

Best of luck!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com

• Susan, I cant thank you enough for your comment! It is really helpful, thus, supportive. I will update you of my daily calories deficit lets say, and I will keep it even more than 500 calories. I will definitely do my best to maintain this calorie deficit. I actually do eat a lot of Proteins. A lot. May I message you mostly to track that together and update you if you kindly may:)? I still would love to share the kinds of food that were really fatty and never realized they were until I saw how many calories they have on Cronometer!

Let me know if I can reach you out :)

Thank you tons for your comment Susan!

Medhat

• @MedhatAdelEmam

I do provide distance consulting services. Feel free to reach out to me through my website and we can chat!

www.susanmacfarlanenutrition.com

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com