Options

I am new to cronometer and I am able to meet everything but with b12. It stays a grey circle rega

crrcle regardless of what I add as food. Why is that?

Answers

• Options

Do the foods that you input have bit B12 in their nutritional information to be able to add it up to the target amount? I’m just thinking aloud here as I have only been using this app & forum for 10 days so still figuring things out myself. But as I have used nutritional yeast flakes that are bit b12 fortified there are days when I easily make my bit b12 target and it is reflected in my nutrition charts.

• Options

@flowergoddess83

First, I would double check that you don't have a "custom" value set (the amount we need per day is 2.4 mcg). It's also possible that the products you are entering don't list B12 on their label; if that's the case, try to enter more generic products. Lastly, if you are eating a plant-based diet, you won't meet vitamin B12, as this nutrient is only found in animal products. If you are vegetarian/vegan or even semi-vegetarian, it's important to supplement with at least 50 mcg per day (or 1000 mcg every 2-3 days).

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer