22 potato chips.....lol

so i ate a 2 5/8oz check out line bag of chips, when i logged it i just enter 2.7oz's...but i noticed it had the option of 22 chips, i started laughing..and just thought i'd say that little 500-600g scale are like 15-20 bucks, and don't count your chips! lol

and for Recipes a 25lb scale isn't much more...

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

Comments

• Hi Bracconiere,

We see some pretty funny 'suggested' serving sizes on package label from time to time, like 30 drops, or 47 pieces. Sometimes 1/24 bottle - try measuring that one out! l

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I'll usually finish them in the car before i get home..it says that makes an 28g serving...but they seem to vary a lot in size...

i just had vision of someone actually eating chips singing a jingle about...1 chip, 2 chip, 3 chip, 4!

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• Labels are especially funny and disappointing. I'll usually direct my eyes to the carb counts first, then look up at the serving size. usually it'll say like, 1g of carbs, and the serving size is 1/5000 of the package.

--
    Tim

• That's why I like Australian food labelling. There's always a /100g nutrition panel. No food has ever been able to advertise as a "zero calorie food" like I've seen overseas!

• ok, ok, i even looked into AUSNUT db, when i first started looking at db's around the globe..(seemed like they ripped usda off)..been a while but i was interested in fermented food from asia for b12...they don't have anything like us english speaking folks, funny we're all the fattest...

but anyway i started this thread as a joke so...you mean even bottled water has calories in Australia? :)

• @bracconiere Yep... even bottled plain water and tea bags. Strangely, alcohol is not yet required by law to have a label (as far as I know). They should change that.

• @Vickie

Great point! Calorie information is not required in North America (or at least Canada). Seeing how much alcohol can contribute to our overall calorie intake can be eye-opening!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• edited August 2018

wait a sec, lol, but you said there was no such thing as '0' cal food in Aussie town...i'm curious how many cals water has? :)

is my water consumption why my calculated metabolic rate is so much higher than the estimate? lol

• @bracconiere Water I don't consider a food, neither do teabags! But I was a little surprised the other day to read on the forums that someone is eating teabags / tea leaves? So... you learn something new every day!

• lol, you don't consider water a food!? just because it doesn't have calories? :)

• I think for something to be considered a "food" it should contribute at least 1 nutritional value?

Live Longer ….. Eat Less

• what about the water bar in cron-o-meter? supposed to get like 8 glasses in a day right? :)

• water tends to have some mineral content, so I guess it does contribute a bit.