My meal plan for the weekdays of February 12-16 with Cronometer Nutrient Report

Last week I created and posted my meal plan for the week. You can find it here with an edit at the bottom of what changed throughout the week and an updated nutrient report of that week.

I've planned out my meals for next week. Here's the projected nutrition report. I am sure things will change slightly throughout the week again. I will try to edit this post at the end of next week to share what changed.

Here's the meal plan:
Breakfast will be the same everyday, again.

Breakfasts (310 kcal for smoothie + 60 kcal/cup coffee):

Coffee

1 or 2 cups of coffee (1/2 decaf)
~ 1 oz. half and half per cup
1 tsp. sugar or honey per cup
Sometimes I add a pinch of turmeric powder
Smoothie

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup greek yogurt, lowfat
1 cup frozen mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
50 grams banana (about half of a banana)
50 grams spinach
1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, hulled
Snacks for the week:

apple
kiwi
red bell pepper
grape tomatoes
grapefruit
Monday

Lunch (300 kcal):

1 cup lentils, cooked
130 grams kale, cooked (about 1 cup)
1/2 onion, cooked
3 cloves garlic, cooked
1 Tbsp. sunflower oil (to sauté veggies)
Sprinkle lite salt and MSG
Dinner (490 kcal):

Beyond Meat burger (4 oz) -- I am super excited to try this. I've had my eye on this product for a long time. It looks like it's finally available at my local grocery store; hopefully it is! If not, I will replace with a beef patty.
2 slice gluten free bread, white
American cheese slice
Slice tomato
Romaine lettuce
1 Tbsp. low sodium ketchup
Tuesday

Lunch:

1 cup lentils, cooked
156 g mushrooms cooked (about 1 cup)
1/2 onion, cooked
3 cloves garlic, cooked (I love garlic)
1 Tbsp. sunflower oil (to sauté veggies)
1/4 cup red wine
1/2 cup vegetable broth
splash balsamic vinegar
Dinner (470 kcal):

Annie's rice pasta cheddar macaroni and cheese
1/2 cup broccoli, cooked from frozen
Philadelphia cheesecake cup, strawberry (I have plans this evening, so I wanted something easy and delicious)
Wednesday

Lunch (620 kcal):

3 oz. shredded pork
1/2 cup heirloom beans (not sure the variety, they look like a Holstein cow), cooked from dry
1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
1 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp. salsa
2 Tbsp. sour cream, nonfat
2 Tbsp. diced tomato, fresh
Dinner (360 kcal):

2 slice gluten free bread, white, toasted
1 large egg, poached
1 slice American cheese (0.75 oz)
4 slice ham lunchmeat (1.75 oz)
Thursday

Lunch (270 kcal):

Carnation instant breakfast essentials, classic french vanilla, powder
1 cup whole milk (I had a coupon for these and I wanted to try them, so I am planning on it!)
Dinner (620 kcal):

3 oz. shredded pork
1/2 cup heirloom beans (not sure the variety, they look like a Holstein cow), cooked from dry
1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
1 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp. salsa
2 Tbsp. sour cream, nonfat
2 Tbsp. diced tomato, fresh
Friday

Lunch and dinner (715 kcal):

1 Domino's cheese pizza, gluten free
1 Domino's marinara dipping sauce
2 glasses of red wine (10 oz)
Supplements (not included in nutrient report)

Iron, 25 mg
Fish oil, 1200 mg
2 Vitamin D, 1000 IU

Comments

• i also plan a day or two in advance, kinda have to to have enough time to get all my nutes in the plan...and yes things don't always/usually don't go according to plan...

i can't eyeball the nutes from reading it, and i don't see a link to a report? i would say i have trouble, with my blood having TOO MUCH iron and that seems like that's a lot....

i see you use sunflower oil... @Susan_RD_101 , would have to chime in, but ended up deciding good old fashioned soybean seemed the best because it has more omega-3 content...or Vegetable oil as it's called at the store.....

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• wait February? it's august? or September i forget, lol

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• For nutrition I'd use high oleic sunflower oil over soybean oil, but I suppose the OP is sauteing so the latter is better with the higher smoke point.

• I encourage people (especially anyone eating plant-based) to limit oils high in omega 6. As such, I promote olive and canola oil the most as they are high in mono-unsaturated fats, which are better for heart health.

Canola oil can be cooked at a higher smoke point but technically, as long as the olive oil isn't smoking, it's still not "burning".

As a final note on oils, be mindful of how much you add. One tablespoon of olive oil is the calorie equivalent of 15 CUPS of kale. If weight loss is your goal, I always recommend measuring oil before using it (or swapping it for broth/water that also work well for sauteing).

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer