Options

Search diary entries for food

124»

Comments

• Options

Hi Cronometer! Can we please get this function up and running. I am about to switch all of my clients to competitors app because they all need this function to use cronometer productively. Thank you!

• Options

Adding my +1 for this feature. It'd be a great enhancement.

• Options

phone?

• Options
    edited April 16

Karen_Cronometer
    February 2019

Hi musicwix97,

We don't have a timeline for this feature - development and testing can be unpredictable at times and we want to do our best!

If this is your best, I wonder what you consider your average.

• Options

This is more than average interest/how many more bells do they need?

• Options

In case you haven't figured out yet, the Cronometer team doesn't ACTUALLY care about user feedback. There are worse and more blatant issues that haven't been solved despite being reported years ago.

I gave up on the app.

• Options
    edited April 16

I gave up as well, too hard to find my previous meals meant it all got too hard for me.
    Have stopped tracking again and will let subscription lapse. Happy to pay if the funds are being used to make real and useful improvements, but I’ve seen this story before, the focus on new users, social sharing and revamping the interface versus the important issues on the backend. It always leads to eventual death because if the core user base lose interest they then don’t tell their friends etc to use it and eventually the product dies as a pretty cover does not make a good book.
    Just the lack of company to user engagement should be warning enough that this is going nowhere good.

• Options
    edited April 16

Respect

• Options
    edited April 17

Lector
    I gave up on the app.

and

JC_RFC
    I gave up as well..

Can you recommend any alternatives? I'm not yet too invested in this app.
    I'll happily switch if there is a better option for European users.

I've tested Lifesum and, for a very brief moment, MyFitnessPal.
    Lifesum lacked even more features that this.
    And MFP looks like it came straight out of the early 2000s. But I'm tempted to give it another try.

• Options

I stopped using it. If it weren’t so very concise there’re mostly red flags to contend with…including this ignoramus platform venue!

• Options

You’re holding my security and sanity hostage you painful prick

• Options

Cronometer is the best app I've found. I'm more inclined to appreciate what this small company has brought to the market. The nutrient database isn't cluttered with erroneous and incomplete user-entered data.

I patiently wait for user interface changes to be implemented, but until something better comes along I will remain loyal to Cronometer. I have used various diet tracking programs over the last 30 years and this is the best yet. I will continue to use it until a better one comes along, or I take a break from nutrition and exercise tracking.

• Options

I patiently wait for user interface changes to be implemented

Good luck with that. This small company seems to be completely tone-deaf to what users want. They spent a ton of effort on tweaking the Android app font size, something that no user requested, and something that ended up in looking worse.

They launch with fanfare pointless features like splash screens.

• Options

We gather user feedback on a monthly basis, categorizing requests, as well as complaints to asses where we are seeing the most issues as well as areas for improvement. All work is prioritized primarily based on user needs as well as company resources, strategic planning, and professional use.

LOL, with over 4000 views this feature request must (this site doesn’t rank feature requests - another major deficiency) be the most wanted feature for the past 3 years.

Currently my options to input a meal I know I had in the last few months are…
    1. Scroll through each day on my phone until I spot the meal, 90pages for 3 months, awesome, just wait a minute everyone while Dad scrolls through his phone at dinner for the next 20 minutes.
    2. Leave the dinner table, go to the study, turn on the PC, login, export a csv, search the csv - yeah right, as if!
    3. Make a recipe for every meal I ever eat. Not practical as this list gets so long I can’t use it anymore. End up with too many variations, and searching this list, you don’t know if you are finding the one that you had last month.
    4. Skip entering and go watch TV with the family, leads to giving up logging.

What do I use instead, nothing because Cronometer is the best app I have tried.
    The real shame is that Cronometer is like the best mobile/cell phone before the iPhone came out. I don’t think they understand that if they keep simplifying the data entry component they will get to a tipping point where A LOT more users would subscribe.

My vision is to point the camera at the plate and AI inputs the entire meal for you. This could start as recognising a previous entry that looks the same for example, then lead to recognising individual components and estimating portion sizes.
    I’d say Cronometer you can have my idea, but they can’t do a text search so I’m sure it will instead show up in another app at some point and boom, end of the company like Blackberry etc.

But for now I would settle for a diary search function that a high school student could write. Actually let’s be real, a smart primary school student could write.

I can’t fathom this honestly, name one software with something called “diary” in it that you can’t search?

Answer: Cronometer.

It is such a shame, opportunities like this wasted.

• Options
    1. Leave the dinner table, go to the study, turn on the PC, login, export a csv, search the csv - yeah right, as if!

This is probably the most feasible option right now.
    Not practical, not convenient, but doable.