Search diary entries for food

13»

Comments

• @phreeksta

What is it? Where can I find it?

That's why it's useful to discuss things initially in a forum where more people can contribute ideas.

I'm also a developer and if I were to do this, I'd made a PWA, not an iOS app that excludes half the userbase and makes data entry a lot more clunky. Meteor.js also make hybrid apps, so you get the iOS, Android and web apps out of the same codebase. But if it's purely for personal use, then iOS only is fine. Though the existence of a Discord server suggests more than personal use?

Anyway, Cronometer should implement this rather than strange features.

• It's not really up to us to discuss. With 5M users 6 people are going to decide what everyone wants? I've never used this app on a phone. I'm baffled by people who don't even own a desktop; I use my notebook only when I travel. Everyone does things differently.

• Who is it up to? Apparently the Cronometer team has no clear mechanism to centralize feature requests.

• Because they don't want one. A guy wrote an app, he's making money on it. and he works on stuff he wants to work on. It's how small private companies operate.

• @Lector

My long answer got lost / or was deleted?! I don't know. Anyway I will keep it short.

I get your point, but I am an iOS-Dev, so I will do, what I can do best (maybe I will look into Mac apps). I don't plan to learn other tech / languages at the moment.

Though the existence of a Discord server suggests more than personal use?

I explained several times now, what I will do. So I won't get into it anymore. Bottom line - I will make an app for me, that helps me accomplish one thing, that is missing in Crono. If someone wants to use it too, fine, if none needs it .. also fine.

• @CalorieGuru

Because they don't want one. A guy wrote an app, he's making money on it. and he works on stuff he wants to work on. It's how small private companies operate.

That is not necessary true. It really depends on the company. In a way, it is totally legitimate to say as company, we do what we want. If you don't like it, just leave.
    But that isn't really smart in my opinion. I think most companies find a middle way, where they still do their thing, but also give the users the most requested features.

• edited January 22

The "project" is 15 years old. You get tired of working on the same thing your whole life. I've been there. You're enthusiastic for a period of time, you get wealthy, and then you want to work on something different with your time. Maybe that's not the case, but the weird stuff they're adding while ignoring basic features tells me that's the case here. The creator/developer is working on his 68 mustang and he has some vegan dietitians writing code.