Welcome to Ask An Expert!

1235»

Comments

• @Katijay Thanks for your post. I just added a tablespoon of hemp seeds to my salad dressing (2 portions of dressing). I use the same brand of Hemp Seeds you do from Costco. I was surprised by your statement as one of the reasons I include hemp seeds in my diet (in moderation due to the fat) is for the Omega 3.

one ounce of hulled hemp seeds providing 2.5 grams of omega-3
    Source: https://www.healwithfood.org/nutrition-facts/hemp-seeds-omega-3-content.php#ixzz6WdM0Gdea

I checked the package in my cupboard because it was a mystery why Omega 3 would not be listed in the Nutritional Facts,. Surprise! I found it listed both on the front and back of the package (not in a user friendly way if measuring amounts), but not in the Nutritional Facts. Interesting.

JFYI....I like to gain all my nutrients through food, but a couple are very difficult to acquire as I am a whole foods plant based vegan. I do supplement with a vegan algae sourced Omega 3 as it is a challenge.

Thanks for your post....Wishing you much success!

• I am new to this site and love the simple process of adding food to a daily food chart. yesterday (March 13) morning I chose a protein breakfast, 1 cup or 3.5 oz of ground turkey, sauteed with small amount onions and mushrooms. my protein already reads as 74 g; that can't be correct, can it?

• @CMV21

It does sound like the entry is off... According to the USDA, 3 ounces of ground turkey is ~23 g of protein. I'd double check that it's entered correctly and consider reporting this as an issue.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I've just put 3.5oz ground turkey in and it's come out as 17.3g protein.

Check how you've entered it, maybe you put cups rather than oz, or something. I've often thought, "hey, why is that vegie soup 1,300kCal?!" and realised that in the recipe I'd put 60 tablespoons instead of 60g, that sort of thing.

• In the app you have mentioned that there is no b12 in dairy products like milk etc l. Is it true,

But as per NIH there is b12 in dairy products.

• YYou had mentioned there is no vitamin c in amla.

• Hi Amresh,

There is vitamin B12 in dairy products, like milk. However most products in the UK do not list the B12 content on the nutrition label. I would recommend searching for a generic item rather than a brand name product. If you choose a food from a source like NCCDB or USDA, they will have many more nutrients included so you can track them in Cronometer.

Unfortunately, we do not have a vitamin C value for amla in our database. There may be some in the product, however we do not have a value reported. Sorry about that!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hello is there a way to see my total protein on a graph? I think it is listing the percentage of my energy total, I think... But I really just want to see my over all total without adding each food item on paper. Save the trees! 😄