Losing weight with Chronometer?

I have been using Cronometer for six months and have not lost any weight. BMR is set on Miffin I believe 1758k & using a 40/30/40 formula. I have not gone over the K limit but do not see a way to lower it?

Any suggestions?

Answers

• I'm not sure I correctly understand your question. However, if you want CM to establish a target K allowance go to SETTINGS, then TARGETS and at the bottom of the page select your desired rate of weight loss per week. The max is 2# a week. Changing the setting will alter your K "budget".

I would think you probably figured that out but I just wanted to make sure.

OK...if that is not your issue then I sounds like you are asking about "diet" suggestions. A phrase that comes to mind is, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result."

If the diet you are using isn't working, investigate your options. I'm personally using a keto program and happy with it. Others have made their own personal choice.

I hope that helps.

Me, Sandee & German Shepherd Dog Zeus Full Time RVers that left Illinois for better weather.
    Using the KETO "diet" for weight loss but working on making keto a life style.
    Don

• I need to add that you should make sure you have had a thorough medical work up. You could be dealing with metabolic issues due to medical conditions. Once that is done then you can look to find a different plan.

GOOD LUCK!

Me, Sandee & German Shepherd Dog Zeus Full Time RVers that left Illinois for better weather.
    Don

• Ok so I have done that and the K total has never adjusted automatically. I also shut off the Apple health as it shows burning to many K’s in my opinion

• When I change that setting I always see the purple box labeled "Calories Remaining" value change. Perhaps there is a unique setting you have that is hindering that setting's performance. You might want to contact the folks at support to get some help on that issue.

You might try to clear out all of your cookies for the CM web site. It might help but I'm not really believing it will help but it can't hurt.

BTW, if you got to the targets and change the rate of loss setting, do you see the numbers below that box (in grey) change? If not, something interesting is going on.

Don

• You can learn how to edit your macronutrient targets on the website version of Cronometer here: https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018362851-Edit-Macronutrient-Targets

Learn how to edit your macronutrient targets on mobile here: https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020092331

There are a couple of different choices for setting macronutrient targets:

Use Fixed values if you would like to input custom nutrient gram values directly in the fields.
    Use Macro Ratios, to dynamically calculate your macronutrient targets to achieve the ratio of macros based on your calorie budget.
    Use Keto Calculator if you are following a Ketogenic diet. Cronometer will dynamically calculate a maximum protein target based on your lean body mass, a maximum carbohydrate target and set the remainder of your calorie allowance to fats.

Cronometer is to be seen as a tool to track consumption and all targets we have set by default are not for everyone. If you have different needs you are welcome to make the changes based on your healthcare professional's recommendation or personal preference.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Me too. I used CM for a year or more and lost no weight. I saw something somewhere about a year ago that said basically, it is not how much you eat but what you eat AND WHEN YOU EAT IT. Fast forward to today, April 2020. I am down from 212 to 170 in 9 months. Male, 70, 6'3'.

How you ask? First step: I looked into fasting. In July 2019 I did my first one, a 60-hour long water fast that included a bit of fruit, and I lost 10 lbs. no doubt mostly water. But then a 2nd step: shortly after the fast I gave myself food poisoning from bad kitchen habits with wood cutting boards. I lost another 10 lbs, over those painful few days, putting me at 190-ish. 3rd step: about the same time I adjusted my eating times and quantities, but not so much what I ate (except for killing the cookie monster I have shared my cupboard with my whole life). I.E. the only sweets I allowed myself was berry-flavored yogurts instead of ice cream and chocolate bars. I continued to have one beer or a glass of wine every day with dinner.

Equally important, I adjusted my eating times to where I essentially do a 14 hour fast every day. My meals are taken at 8am, 1pm, and 5-6 pm. Same time every day. No after-dinner snacks. Carrot sticks or one orange in the afternoon. 1500 calories max, usually less. I never, ever get hungry. No other dietary changes except for less meat and more salads for dinner as the main course. I sleep well, in bed for 8-9 hours every night.

To get from 190-ish lbs. to 180 took about 6 months. The next 10lb drop took 3.
    But I made a big change during those 3 months. In February 2020 I switched to a plant-based diet: no eggs, no cheese (tougher than quitting smoking), no cow's milk, no yogurt, no more tuna or meatloaf, (I sometimes cheat, maybe once a month). Beans, lentils, quinoa, rice, and apples, oranges, pineapple are my main fruits, some watermelon and cantaloupe. Lots of green stuff for dinner, oatmeal with raisins, honey and cinnamon for breakfast. I stopped my minimal alcohol intake too (and have cheated on that twice in 3 months, no guilt).

So 3 months later I am at 170 and I am maintaining it easily. I have also added feta cheese back to my salads. I feel good. And most importantly, I stopped having acid reflux on a daily basis, something I have had for 20 years. I figure it was the cheese doing it, and the wine. Anyways, no more Prilosec for me, ever again. I will take a Tums or two when I break my rules and drink some Chardonnay or eat some cheddar.

Last thing: I exercise daily for 23 minutes, stretching for 3, than a semi-aerobic routine with 10 lb. dumbells, followed by running in place 100 steps and 20 jumping jacks, total of 4 minutes, repeat 5 times. My BP is 110/58 and resting pulse is low 60's. Cholesterol at last check just before starting the plant based diet was 127.

I ride a bicycle several times a week to go grocery shopping or run errands.

That's my story and I am sticking to it. Best of luck to you.

• @stillwater21

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story and huge congrats on your success!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com