Elimination issues ?

Is anyone experiencing constipation issues.?

Comments

• i live off beans, so no...? i've never done/been keto...But if your new maybe try searching with the oracle for high fiber keto friendly foods? not sure if they exist or not. fiber is under carbs but it's not digestable as far as i know...possibly nuts or seeds?

how low do you keep your carbs, maybe something like wheat germ?

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• The traditional way is to eat high fibre + increased water. But if you have no medical need for special diets like low FODMAP, I would highly recommend adding fermented foods to your diet. Back before I started to include fermented foods, I also find that on days where I eat low volume of food, my body sometimes just thinks there's nothing to eliminate, so it could also be that for you.

• in her profile she says she's been keto for a bit now...most fibrous things have carbs...you can get 'low carb' but not 'no carb'...

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• You're right @bracconiere. I didn't think to check the user profile. Nuts and seeds like what you suggested, and maybe lots of lots of leafy greens.

• edited August 2018

lol, turn orange from the vitamin A like british WWII pilots, and have cuts that scab in a second! you know when i first started using cron-o-meter, i think v.0.9.6 in feb 2010, i was trying to meet my needs from pounds of broccoli and squash, and i can tell you...hopefully your not easily offended...but i sure could fill up the toilet with stool...not much carbs there...but you get A, C, & K..and alot of fiber

(and i checked yours out and i think your disagree's are from the uninformed)

• @Sher49

Constipation can be the outcome of any or one of the following:

• Too little fibre
    • Too little water
    • Too little activity

For all adults, regardless of age, I encourage a fibre intake of around 30 g per day to prevent diverticular disease, constipation, hemorrhoids, and all that fun stuff. If you're constipated, you will want to focus on increasing your intake of insoluble fibre, as this is the type of fibre that helps to increase stool bulk. It is predominantly found in wheat bran, fruit and vegetable skins, and whole grains.

In addition, coffee can help stimulate bowel movements and a quality probiotic can enhance overall gut health.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer