What integration would you like to see next?

Comments

• I would like to see IFTT intergration so that we can interface with Alexa and Google Assistant (or directly interfacing via Cronometer skills in those platforms). This would make tracking foods much easier, if I could just shout out into the air what I’m about to shove down my gullet, rather than pull out a device and mess around with dozens of taps, swipes, and having to type and visually scan things.

Especially for notes, this could be powerful. If you’re trying to track symptoms for a health condition, for example, imagine waking up with heart burn, stumbling to the medicine cabinet for some antacids and being able to tell alexa on your way back to bed to add a Cronometer note saying that. Then you’d have a time-stamped note in Cronometer documenting that occurence of your symptoms (not to mention of your medication) that you could go back and crossreference the following day to see what you’d eaten that evening that might have brought on the heart burn. Very helpful.

Also, I’d like to see broader support for data imports with integrated services. I can link Google Fit, but can’t control what stuff does/doesn’t sync and in which direction. So, my weight comes and activities come in from Google Fit, but not my body fat, body muscle, body water, bone mass, etc. Nor does my cronometer data sync over to Google Fit. We lack access to the full breadth of data available. Honestly, entering in blood pressure with Google Fit is MUCH easier than with Cronometer, but Cronometer won’t pull those down (nor push them up). So it’s up to me to be consistent which app I use to enter that data as it will end up isolated in that platform.

Another point about Google Fit is that the activity syncing keeps breaking. Well, it doesn’t BREAK out right. But there’s a continual issue that sometimes gets fixed but then ends up coming back where the activity being synced from Google Fit appears to be using GROSS calories burned during an activity (including BMR in that calculation) which then gets added onto my BMR by Cronometer to calculate total calories burned, thus counting BMR twice and over-estimating calories burned by a significant amount. So, Google Fit will say I burned 2,250 calories in a day and Cronometer, with the same data and profile parameters will tell me I burned 2,500+. I’ve submitted tickets for this multiple times in the past and it seems to get fixed for a while but then seems to get unfixed in some update on one or both ends.

One last suggestion is Heads Up Health, and/or Keto Mojo integrations.

It’s a shame that all of these things require indepdent integrations and maintenance and that the industry can’t just standardize on an API for the exchange of this kind of basic data. Then I could simply link up any body fat scale directly into Cronometer rather than having to use that manufacture’s dedicated app/service (and worry about them going out of business).

• Hi Logicalparadox,

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback with us!

It would be an incredibly powerful feature to speak to the app and record your foods, biometrics, exercises and notes - this is a great project for future development.

We are always working on device integrations so we appreciate the ideas.
    We are limited to the data other applications are willing to share/accept but will investigate adding more data sharing.

We do integrate data with Heads up Health and are working on 2-way integration too! From your Heads up Health account, you can find Cronometer in the list of possible integrations.

We are also excited to be working with KetoMojo to import data from their devices.

I would appreciate if you could send us more details about your issue with Google Fit to [email protected] so we can look into this further. Which activity level do you have in your Cronometer Profile? Do you notice any patterns when this happen? Maybe there is a certain type of exercise you are tracking - either manually entered into Google Fit or automatically detected activity. The software does try to take into account the BMR and Activity level when importing activity from other devices to avoid double-counting these calories. Some screenshots of when this is happening would help us look into it.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Not an integration. I've love the recipes section to be updated. More options to view (by tags) or anything cookbook like.
    I also agree that more measurement options mentioned above would be great.

• Strava

Thanks for the suggestion @JNo2018 ! You can add your feature reqests in this section: https://forums.cronometer.com/categories/feature-requests

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• I'll add another vote for Samsung health :) my Samsung galaxy watch is in the mail, but it won't connect to google fit! I'm excited to track better this year...

• Other (Discuss in comments)

Fairly simple integration I would like to see - Omron Connect Cloud - to sync data from Omron blood pressure monitors.

Could you do an integration with Motiv. They have a fitness tracker ring that is much cheaper than Oura and won't take up to a year to receive after purchase.

I do know that Motiv is integrated with Apple Health and you can move your data to AH. Can you then move the data over to Crono?

• I vote for Samsung integration. Would make my tracking much easier

I'd love to see an integration with https://exist.io/?referred_by=Ishtar
    It's a tracking app that keeps track of all your data from all sorts of different places, and then shows you correlations between them.

An open API would be great too!

Xiaomi Mi band 3 !! Please

• Oura

@Hillary Any update on Apple Watch complications? I’ve switched to another app because Cronometer is lacking in this area.

• I'd like to upvote for an API or some way to ingest data into other sources like ELK. I use the data today to track my long term insulin usage to carb intake. Taking blood sugar information, pairing that with Insulin usage, ketone levels (Keto diet not DKA issues), and consumed food information is extremely valuable to long term tracking for Diabetes issues.

• It would be nice if information automatically flowed to 3rd party apps like TrainingPeaks and Garmin Connect.

• Strava

@christi_johnson Cronometer does sync with Garmin!
    Check out the user manual to learn more about which devices we already sync with: https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018579072
    If you are already synced with Garmin but are having trouble getting data to sync properly, check out our troubleshooting tips: https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020355032

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• @Hillary thanks! I'll check it out. I do have my Garmin set up so my activities are coming into chronometer. But I didn't see where my calories consumed was going to Garmin.

• Strava

Ah, I understand, @christi_johnson . My mistake. That's right, we do not export data at this time. We do export food Calories to Fitbit. Hopefully we can look into doing this with Garmin in the future.

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Some big employers use VirginPulse as a platform for health related activity, which translates into monetary incentives for employees (hundreds of dollars).

Since, IMHO, there are strong incentives for people to then adopt a nutritional tracking app as a consequence of the big financial incentives, an integration with VirginPulse would then drive more user-adoption of the cronometer platform. [PS: VirginPulse already has an integration with MyFitnessPal, but in my situation I think that cronometer makes more sense as, if users aren't already, they would inevitably explore more details (e.g. micronutrients) which currently, AFAIK, a competitive advantage of cronometer].

• Samsung

I used to have a Garmin Device but now that I have upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Watch none of my info syncs with Cronometer and it makes me sad. Any chance this would be added in the future? It would be awesome!

• I use an android playstore app by Omron to save blood pressure data. I'd like to display that in a crono chart. Omron will export the data to a csv. May be crono could have a template for importing data if a direct connection is not possible?

I use HRV4Training an Android Playstore app for saving heart rate variability data. This one will connect to other apps and it also appears to provide for exporting data.

• Rather than wait for so many different integrations, I use Apple Health as my "hub" since it picks up nearly every app I use for health (even lab results!). Then I have Cronometer "talk" to Apple Health only.
    Of course since that connection has been fishy, my "elegant" strategy (LOL) is now a bit shaky but when it works I get no duplicate info and all the data transfers.
    Garmin finally started syncing, as does Qardio.

Maria H
    My story: jumpovertherattlesnake.com/

Hello from Italy, I am new here. I'd like to see integration with MyFitnesspal, wich I use for logging meals and record recipes

• I track food with Crono, exercise with Strong, steps and cardio with google fit, and bio metrics with the Renpho smart scale. Some of the Renpho data goes to Fitbit then crono picks it up from fitbit. Renpho's muscle mass estimate does not get recorded. That's the measurement that interests me the most.

Crono + Strong + Renpho + Google Fit have allowed me to figure out that 1 set of 10 exercises 3 times a week grows more muscle than 3 sets. The crono peice helps minimize fat gain without compromising nutrients. Counting steps and tracking cardio confirms I can gain muscle mass with a meaningfull amount of walking and cardio.

So getting all these data sources integrated for reporting is the issue. May be it needs to be done with a standalone app that's good at generating reports from all the different sources.

Below is a month to month muscle mass chart from the Renpho scale. The scale is an amazon best seller, less than $30. Worth every penny.

• Timestamp integrations for push to apple health from Cronometer in real time for Pro members.

• Renpho bodyweight scale and Strong App integration would be awesome to have

Perhaps SmartLabel as a source?
    Also, Renpho bluetooth scales would be fantastic to integrate.

I detest double-posting. However, I realize I have to add this to the conversation: Sleep as Android. Being able to see sleep data next to other biometrics would be amazing.

• Strava

@aonphléacs I love Sleep as Android -I use it every night! I sync Sleep as Android to my Cronometer diary by syncing it to Google Fit, and then syncing Google Fit to Cronometer. (I haven't had any problems doing it this way, however, as Cronometer and Sleep don't sync directly, there is a chance you could run into problems)

Hilary
    cronometer.com

@Hilary Thanks for that! It seems that syncing to Google Fit as an intermediary is useful for a bunch of things. I try not to have too many apps I don't directly interface with but I'll give this a try.