What integration would you like to see next?

Comments

• Via fitbit I get Renpho body weight, body fat %. But the one I care about is muscle mass, which apparently Fitbit ignores or crono ignores.

• Strava

@Hipster_McTool yeas this thread is being actively monitored. Keep in mind, this thread is to collect suggestions, but does not mean the suggested integrations will all be implemented. We require extensive research to ensure the integration is viable as well as user research outside the confines of this forum. We take all user suggestions under review.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Other (Discuss in comments)

it would be nice if fitbit steps were transferred to cronometer,

I have the apps setup right and all boxes checked, but in cronometer, the only box for fitbit is "activity"...yet the steps are not tracked there,

hence the data is not only incomplete but inaccurate to manually calculate. Any idea when this will work?

Otherwise love this app, but its difficult to manage when the only resolution is to do manual calculations after every activity...kind of defeats the purpose of the app yes?

• Staying in line with the Fitbit integration mentioned, I would love to see an integration to import food data from Cronometer to the Fitbit app.
    This is the API Fitbit made available: https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/food-logging/

I'd like to be able to have my LG health automatically import my steps and auch into Chronometer.

Also, not really and integration, but it wpuld be cool if we could input our own recipes (i.e. list all constituent ingredients), then be able to add servings of that dish to our day. It might be easier than sitting down and trying ro add all of the constituent ingredients of my meal as/after I eat it. Although this mifht be what the "multi-add" feature does. I haven't really played around with that yet.

• I'd like to see GKI calculated whenever Blood Glucose and Ketone biometrics are input. (Carb Manager does this automatically apparently tying the two together based on the time stamp.). The formula is pretty simple but the auto-entry is really convenient, especially when you're already in a hurry.
    GKI = (Glucose Reading/18) / Ketone Reading

• integration with a recipe management app like Cheftap

to log home cooking, I need to enter recipes into cronometer, but cronometer does not have all the fields needed to record a recipe for reference in the kitchen (much less the extra features like pantry staple lists and grocery list generation found in recipe apps) so it creates a 2-step workflow where I enter (or clip from online) a recipe to the recipe app, then manually enter everything into cronometer. I understand that the ingredients imported would need to be manually tweaked in cronometer to confirm the exact item + quantity from your food entry database, etc. but any amount of automation would streamline a rather laborous process for people who do a lot of heavy duty home cooking (example, most scratch Indian recipes have 20+ ingredients, so just importing the stubs/framework for the recipe with generic/best match entries from your food database selected, even if I then needed to do some editing to select my brand of certain ingredients would be an enormous time saver)

I would love a McDougall Daily Dozen checkmarks section. Also a "refrigerator/pantry" type section where you can save your most used food items to just click on and add to your diary instead of copy/paste or search. Thanks!

Actually it's Dr. Gregor Daily Dozen, I couldn't figure out how to edit comment
    "I would love a McDougall Daily Dozen checkmarks section. Also a "refrigerator/pantry" type section where you can save your most used food items to just click on and add to your diary instead of copy/paste or search. Thanks!"

• Amazefit. It's making a big push in the US and Europe, and I am waiting for the Amazefit 2 with ECG to become available so I can dump Fitbit.

It's a mistake not to have support fori It.

• Samsung

Do we know when the new customizable charts will be available in the Desktop?

• Strava

@fallwalker please begin a new thread for topics unrelated to the titled topic.

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• edited July 2019
    Samsung

Please for all that is holy integrate Samsung health! My goodness this post has been up since 2017 and the large majority want Samsung...

Get on it already

• edited July 2019
    Strava

@PShan We are a small team and have to prioritize accordingly! This one is at the TOP of our integration list though! Thanks for your patience!
    In the meantime, remember, you can try linking Cronometer and samsung health with Google Fit, to transfer your Samsung data via Google fit (Not a great solution, but may help as a workaround for now)

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Samsung

Ability to import a recipe from the Internet by entering a URL link. Cronometer would be able to: Match the ingredients to the database and show the nutrients. Also provide a link to the original recipe.

• Very interested in how you will be working with Dr. Mercola to adopt the Keto-Fast Keto -Fasting-Feasting cycle. From what I've been able to determine so far, to implement Keto-Fast using Cronometer I will have to manually change the parameters to adjust for the 3 distinct macro calculations: Ketogenic, Keto-Fast (300 - 600 cal, 10g carb, etc), and Feast (jack up to macros). I realize I can set the macros manually for each cycle; but you did ask for input :-)
    Thanks!

• Very interested in how you will be working with Dr. Mercola to adopt the Keto-Fast Keto -Fasting-Feasting cycle. From what I've been able to determine so far, to implement Keto-Fast using Cronometer I will have to manually change the parameters to adjust for the 3 distinct macro calculations: Ketogenic, Keto-Fast (300 - 600 cal, 10g carb, etc), and Feast (jack up to macros). I realize I can set the macros manually for each cycle; but you did ask for input :-)
    Thanks!

• Hi there, I'd love to see GKI (Glucose Ketone Index) in Cronometer. It's no big deal to take glucose and ketones and punch the values in an on lone tool (or just do the math) and add that # into a custom biometirc....but it'd be a real useful bonus if cronometer just did that for you.

• Hi there, I'd love to see GKI (Glucose Ketone Index) in Cronometer. It's no big deal to take glucose and ketones and punch the values in an on lone tool (or just do the math) and add that # into a custom biometirc....but it'd be a real useful bonus if cronometer just did that for you.

• integration: sending diet/calorie info to Garmin!

• I would love to see more fasting related features. I fast 20-24 hours at least 5 days a week and I do an extended fast once a month. I use Cronometer to track my fasting but it could be better if you geared more features towards fasting, especially the more common protocols.
    Already I use Cronometer to make sure I'm meeting nutritional targets over a period of time.
    Also, as another user suggested, a GKI calculator and tracker would be phenomenal. Autophagy is an amazing process that can be tracked during fasting by calculating the ratio between glucose and ketones. Linking to Ketomojo would be amazing!

• Strava

@DelphineRivers you will be pleased to know we hope to offer more support for fasting this year! Stay tuned here, and on our social media platforms for updates! We also now offer a GKI graph option. Log your Blood Glucose and Bloodketones in your diary as Biometrics, and they will be plotted on your graph along with your GKI. You can learn more about your new charting options here:
    https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029490111
    https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029181332-Charts-Glucose-Ketone-Index-GKI-

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• May be I've mentioned this one already. I use this Omron blood pressure meter which talks to an app via BT. https://omronhealthcare.com/products/evolv-wireless-upper-arm-blood-pressure-monitor-bp7000/ Omron makes a bunch of different BP meters. I believe Omron is a market leader. I know how to enter this info by hand but I'm sure I'd check BP more often if it was joining all the other data in Crono automatically.

One of the things the generic sharing feature doesn't have that's needed is the ability to decide what individual data is shared and what is not.)

Keep up the good work

• Integration sounds good in principle by can be a truble maker. I recall connecting Google fit to Crono and it dumped a bunch if data it got from my Renpho scale that I didn't want there at the time. Is there a way to connect an app to crono then have a dialog box in Crono that allows choosing what data is imported?

For any users who might be reading this, I emailed Crono with another suggestion to allow taking a photo and embedding a link or icon to the photo in the diary which might be on the user's Google drive or Crono's server, their choice. I've been taking these photos from early on because it time stamps when I ate the meal and gives some perspective on how my diet has evolved.

In the mean time I'm a satisfied Crono user. Keep up the good work.

charlie3 - I also have a Renpho scale. My fitbit connects with it, and now via fitbit my weight and fat% are added to my Cronometer diary entries. I like this since Renpho is not one of the connected apps.

• busybeach, I have Renpho connected to fitbit that connects to crono. I get a number of renpho values too, but not muscle mass (must be a guy thing). So I entered muscle mass by hand to a year of diary entries. Then I went to my gym notebook app and added workout time and volume, also by hand. Apparently the gym app talks to Google Fit but doesn't display any of the renpho data in Google Fit. If Google is responsible for this interface it's their usual half hearted, half finished programing. Too many millionaires in that company.